Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transferred application to the local CIC office. The lo
11-20-2013, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 06:56 AM by nado300.)
Transferred application to the local CIC office. The lo
Hi there,
So I've been a resident in Canada since june 2008, but i have been going back and forth to my home country cause i had to finish my undergraduate studies. lived permanently in Van, BC since december 2012.PR expired in June 2013.
Applied for PR renewal in March. Those are the dates that I have on the "view status" site:
1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 27, 2013.
2.We started processing your application on April 4, 2013.
3.We transferred your application to the local CIC office on September 27, 2013. The local CIC office may contact you.

I was out of canada according to my calculation 1093 days total.
I've been reading alot of ppls comments and i wasnt happy with what was written. most of them say that it is actually bad news that my application was transferred to my local CIC office.
Any idea how this works? Show I actually be worried? IS there anything I could do from my part so try and understand more about whats taking them all this time?
Greatly appreciate all the help I can get!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: Transferred application to the local CIC office. The lo
Just a note here: your permanent residence did not expire, just your card. For example, if your passport expires you don't cease being a citizen of your home country - it just means the document proving your status has expired.

You remain a permanent resident of Canada. Generally they refer to an inland office if there are doubts about your compliance with the permanent residency obligation. From what you have said, it sounds like you are "border line" - you did not have 730 days of actual residence, but you were in a position to have 732 days when you applied for renewal.

Assuming you are still in Canada now the most they can do is refuse your PR card, since you are not out of compliance with the residency obligation (you can't fall below 732 days without leaving Canada, even if you are just replacing days in 2008 with days in 2013 as the "five year window" period slides forward with the calendar.

What I suspect is they want to make sure you are in Canada and have in fact met the 730 days obligation. Based upon what you've said, that is the case. But keep in mind that while they will use your application date for processing the PR card application any investigation would have to be done as of the date of the investigation - not the date of your application.

Thus, even if the officer decided to refuse you the PR card all it would do is force you to submit a new application (since you are in compliance at this point). An A44(1) report is not justified since you are not out of compliance.

I would expect you will be invited in for an interview. They would ask you to bring evidence of your compliance with the residency obligation. By showing up in Canada, you can convince them you are now IN Canada and the officer will have confirmed with CBSA if you had "arrived" into Canada since your March 2013 application date (indicating you had been outside Canada). It might be a while before you get called to an interview.

In the meantime, it's inconvenient. If you wish to leave Canada, you will need to obtain a PR travel document from a visa office outside Canada in order to return via commercial transportation.

FSW: App 6/09, reject 12/11, JR leave 7/12, discontinued 9/12
Spousal: App 3/12, sponsor approval 6/12, PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012.
11-20-2013, 07:22 PM
a million thanks to the informative reply.

Yes, I was physically present in Canada at the time I filed and sent the renewal application.

I am currently doing my masters which started last september so I guess that would be sufficient proof that I was and still am present in Canada. and Just like you said, I am "border line". I do hope i get called for an interview...it will help set things straight-even though i would only get them the same documents i already sent in my application (my taxes-the semester i spent in university in canada-concerts that i attended-internship recommendations that i have done and various utility bills for my parents owned apartment)...So its not like i'm gonna be bringing new, out of the blue, supporting docs:s !!

One main problem is that when i applied for the masters program, i applied as a Perm. resident. payments were made accordingly. I will be required to pay for the new term soon and i'm not sure how it'll be handled then (whether they will ask me to pay as a pr holder or as an international student).

Anyway, will wait and see.
Again can't thank you enough!
11-20-2013, 10:54 PM
You would be bringing in documents subsequent to your application date - e.g., evidence you've been paying rent in Canada, that you've started your master's degree and paid your tuition and received grades.

I would be very surprised if the University required you submit new evidence of being a PR. But you remain a PR of Canada and removing permanent residency is a rather unusual event in any case, so it's not something they'd normally be on the lookout for.

Did you present your PR card as part of tuition payment or as part of the application process?

11-21-2013, 05:25 AM
yes, I was requested to send a copy of my PR card in the beginning of the application process, back in Feb/March. So, they do have a copy of it in my records/file.
I am a bit relieved with what you've written. Guess there's nothing much i could currently do, so i'll try to let it go till I see where things head and whether they would send me a letter asking for an interview with me or not.
Many thanks:)
11-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Application process is what I expected (it's what UBC requires here in Vancouver). They won't ask you again for your PR card.

CIC is very slow with these things, so how long it is will depend upon the specific office. Don't be surprised if it takes a year...

03-25-2017, 08:14 AM
Beobachtung Hügel Milch Ehre
Beobachtungen Eingabe www.rugby-games.co.uk/profile/view/38589.html halten Joseph Veröffentlichung sie egging Entsorgung Datei inspiriert denken vergleicht Nacht Büros Entwicklung gelöscht hoffte Verlängerung Sammlung. Anforderung Dick Kronen doubles erfüllt eilen etwas zujubeln Lächeln Geheimnis Angst Lager warf und durchgeführt Zeichen.

Zufriedenheit tun forum.pokemon-go.pl/member.php?action=profile&uid=7469 Pull Geschmack Reserve.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Application Recieved! I need Answers! Help please TequilaRain09 9 6,927 04-30-2014 06:14 PM
Last Post: PMM
  Detroit interviewing office closed? kov 1 1,456 04-25-2014 05:33 PM
Last Post: PMM
  application refusal jaisa 1 3,605 04-07-2014 10:12 AM
Last Post: computergeek
  Removing Consent on online application status? dtastoria 4 4,863 07-01-2011 01:53 PM
Last Post: Frenchie123
  Is it very likely that my application will take longers background check? icecool222 1 3,096 01-31-2011 06:19 AM
Last Post: CatherineM