Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Canceling Wife's PR status
08-07-2017, 09:00 AM
Canceling Wife's PR status
She landed in Canada on February 19, 2015. Prior to that, she provided false information about her education on the application which I admit. After landing, our relationship began to sour. She has one daughter and I have one son, a mixed marriage that I was hoping would work.

Over the past few months, our marriage is in the dog house. She's been saving every dollar she'e earned from working making a large bank account. I've been spending all my salary on supporting. We got her mom a 4 year multi entry visa and now she is working illegally at the same restaurant my wife is working at.

I have just learned she is dating someone behind my back, we are still married and living in the same home. I have also learned that my son has been physically and mentally abused by her (within the last month he as reported to me).

My question:

1. Do I have grounds to request her PR canceled on the fact she provided false details about her education?

2. Do I have grounds on cancelling her PR with the claims of child abuse from my 13 year old son before moving here and afterwards?

3. Do I have grounds on requesting her PR be revoked on the grounds that she is allowing her mother that is visiting on a tourist visa (or providing false information) so that she can enter Canada to do so?

Am I pissed off? Absolutely.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2017, 06:00 PM
RE: Canceling Wife's PR status
Hi

(08-07-2017 09:00 AM)razzor1967 Wrote:  She landed in Canada on February 19, 2015. Prior to that, she provided false information about her education on the application which I admit. After landing, our relationship began to sour. She has one daughter and I have one son, a mixed marriage that I was hoping would work.

Over the past few months, our marriage is in the dog house. She's been saving every dollar she'e earned from working making a large bank account. I've been spending all my salary on supporting. We got her mom a 4 year multi entry visa and now she is working illegally at the same restaurant my wife is working at.

I have just learned she is dating someone behind my back, we are still married and living in the same home. I have also learned that my son has been physically and mentally abused by her (within the last month he as reported to me).

My question:

1. Do I have grounds to request her PR canceled on the fact she provided false details about her education?

2. Do I have grounds on cancelling her PR with the claims of child abuse from my 13 year old son before moving here and afterwards?

3. Do I have grounds on requesting her PR be revoked on the grounds that she is allowing her mother that is visiting on a tourist visa (or providing false information) so that she can enter Canada to do so?

Any ideas?

1. No
2. No, you could report the abuse to the police.
3. No, you could report the unauthorized work to CBSA http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-secu...f-eng.html
08-07-2017, 06:15 PM
(08-07-2017 06:00 PM)PMM Wrote:  Hi

(08-07-2017 09:00 AM)razzor1967 Wrote:  She landed in Canada on February 19, 2015. Prior to that, she provided false information about her education on the application which I admit. After landing, our relationship began to sour. She has one daughter and I have one son, a mixed marriage that I was hoping would work.

My question:

Any ideas?

1. No
2. No, you could report the abuse to the police.
3. No, you could report the unauthorized work to CBSA http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-secu...f-eng.html

The fact that she provided fault details to her PR application must have a consequence. As well, she provided false details to get her mother a visitor's visa and helped her to get her the undocumented job. As for the abuse, RCMP will be notified. If charges are filed, wouldn't that have consequences on her status?
08-09-2017, 12:30 AM
You can report the alleged false information to IRCC and they may choose to investigate it further, but that is entirely up to them.

If she is convicted of a criminal offence then it could impact her permanent resident status.

I would strongly advise you to speak with legal counsel. From what you've said, it sounds like you may also be deemed to have been a party to immigration fraud, making you potentially culpable as well. Posting this type of information on a public forum is not prudent.

Speak with an attorney.

Note that if she has assets, in any dissolution of the marriage you would have claim to half of those assets. But again, this is a good thing to discuss with your attorney.

FSW: App 6/09, reject 12/11, JR leave 7/12, discontinued 9/12
Spousal: App 3/12, sponsor approval 6/12, PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Implied Status andyinchina 2 410 07-03-2017 01:17 AM
Last Post: andyinchina
  Spousal Sponsorship (Status) Dinahclbs 1 796 03-27-2017 04:42 AM
Last Post: border_love
Question Extending visitor status? sredman 5 971 01-30-2017 09:28 AM
Last Post: computergeek
  Moving to Canada with Chilean Wife grahamd 3 1,167 11-15-2016 09:00 AM
Last Post: Brain007
  Sponsoring Japanese wife Canuck_in_Japan 1 688 10-24-2016 07:52 PM
  illegal wife 56565656 1 799 10-08-2016 05:10 PM
  obtaining canadian status for myself (USC) and son from canadian born husband drzrx 4 1,512 08-13-2016 01:32 AM
Last Post: drzrx
  Anxious about "Decision Made" Status ment 34 15,844 08-06-2016 07:02 PM
  Sponsoring my wife from Bangladesh iamshiplu 10 5,401 07-29-2016 05:49 PM
Last Post: PMM
  status changed to decision made kuljas 1 2,991 06-14-2016 04:24 AM
Last Post: 3yrscounting