Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Waiting for PPR..
08-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Waiting for PPR..
Finally, my long wait is coming to an end. It felt so long that I thought it will never come for me. It almost took a year and a half to reach its current status. I applied on February 2014 and I have included all the required documents with the applications. There weren’t any document requests. And as the months passed I started getting a little worried. I expected medicals to come soon, but nothing came for a long time. I contacted the call center after about 4-5 months and they said that processing has just started. I was disappointed, but after a few weeks my lawyer Max Berger, http://maxberger.ca/ got a medical request. I was excited, did the medicals immediately and made the doctor upload the results as soon as he could. I frequently checked the application status after that, but it remained processing for many more months. I started losing my excitement, when I got a mail for paying RPRF. I immediately paid it and lawyer emailed it straight away. Now waiting for PPR. Hope it won’t very long. I just need to advise everyone who is eagerly waiting for Canadian PR to be patient and hope for the best.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: Waiting for PPR..
CIC appears to work on a batch processing model. When they request something from you they give you a deadline. They review your file again after that deadline has passed. Of course, you rush out to complete their requirement as quickly as possible but they won't look when the new information is received, they will do so after the deadline has passed.

It's definitely a waiting game.

Good luck with completing your process!

FSW: App 6/09, reject 12/11, JR leave 7/12, discontinued 9/12
Spousal: App 3/12, sponsor approval 6/12, PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012.
02-17-2017, 05:56 PM
RE: Waiting for PPR..
How to apply for this PPR?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  waiting 1 year to switch items over.. radison_lady_03 4 1,641 06-15-2009 10:57 PM
Last Post: radison_lady_03